Inflammation of the pancreas – pancreatitis – disables the entire digestive system. It synthesized all the enzymes that help in the processing of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Pancreatitis can be acute and chronic, but in any form of need to stick to a diet.
Common rules of diet
In this pathology the main task is to spare the digestive system in the mechanical, chemical and thermal terms. A healthy diet for pancreatitis of the pancreas often heals inflammation and restores its function, protects the stomach from aggressive food reduces the active work of the gallbladder and prevents from diseases of the liver.
Patients should eat food offered to table 5P in the classification Pevsner. Food should be nutritious but low in fat and carbohydrates, namely sugar.
Allowed an increased amount of protein. This way you can prevent the transition of liver steatosis and the occurrence of diabetes. A day should be consumed a certain amount of nutrients:
- Protein – 100-120 g, of which 65% of animal origin.
- Fats – 80-100 g, of which 15-20% were of plant origin.
- Carbohydrates – 300-350 g, of sugar in them – 30-40 g.
- Food salt – 6-10 g, the food is better to salt a little.
- Fluid intake – 1.5-2 liters.
Energy rate per day shall not exceed 2500-2600 calories. Daily caloric needs to calculate the physician taking into account the existing weight, and health of the patient.
- Mechanical preparation products. In the acute stage of the disease the food should be wiped, puree and cook for a couple. This is the most easy on the stomach and eases digestion.
- The food temperature. You can't eat hot or cold food. The optimum temperature of 20-50 degrees.
- A moderate serving. Do not overeat in this disease, so as not to burden the sick body and the whole system.
- Diet. Eating should be fractional, 5-6 times a day moderate volumes. So disappears the load on the organs, food is quickly and easily absorbed, will not be stomach pain after eating.
- The ban on alcohol and tobacco. In this disease alcohol contributes to the formation of plaques in the ducts of the glands, preventing the release of her secret into the duodenum. Iron while still stronger becomes inflamed and begins to digest itself. But nicotine prevents the synthesis of the enzyme that eliminates acetaldehyde.
Considering the disease is insidious, when it is necessary to adhere strictly to the rules of diet because otherwise, there is a worsening of all the treatment will be ineffective.
How long do I need to diet depends on the disease. First you should always very strict diet, and then the limits of acceptable products is gradually expanding.
What can you eat with pancreatitis?
Permitted in this condition the products should be lightweight to not impede the work of the pancreas, then he will spend less time to produce enzymes.
Food must be rapidly processed and to pass from the stomach and intestines to the exit, forming a gas that exacerbates the already sharp pain in the abdomen.
The food should contain more protein, because the enzymes that synthesize iron consist of them. What foods you can eat without fear of another attack, served by the list:
- Bread. Dried, stale, dry biscuits, crackers.
- Soups. Preferably from pureed vegetables: pumpkin, potato, carrot, zucchini. You can cook with vermicelli, semolina or oatmeal.
- Meat. Only vegetable varieties: pure veal fillet, chicken breast, Turkey, rabbit. Only boiled or steamed: burgers, dumplings, beef Stroganoff.
- Fish. Dry varieties: carp, Pollock, cod, steamed or boiled fish.
- Cereals. Allowed the wiped buckwheat, semolina, rice porridge on the water mixed with milk, oatmeal, casseroles of cereals with cottage cheese.
- Dairy products. Low-fat milk, low fat cottage cheese, not sour, yogurt, yogurt, yogurt. You can eat cottage cheese with low-fat and unsalted.
- Eggs. To prepare an egg-white omelette and the egg yolk is only one a week.
- Vegetables. Allowed potatoes, beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, boiled green peas.
- Sweets. Instead of sand to take xylitol. What fruit can in pancreatitis: ripe and not sour fruit and berries, allowed to prepare compotes, mousse, jelly, all to wipe. You can eat sweet baked apples.
- Sauces. You need to prepare meals of vegetable broth and milk, adding flour.
- Fats. You can eat butter, but no more than 30 grams per day, vegetable peeled – 10-15 g and season them with already prepared food on the plate.
- Drinks. You can drink weak tea with lemon, broth hips, mineral water without gas, juice, previously diluted with water in ratio of 1:1.
This light diet is used in chronic pancreatitis during rest. During exacerbation radically modified diet that should be followed unconditionally.
What is prohibited?
Diet for inflammation of the pancreas does not allow the use products that increase the release of gastric juice and the secretion of the gland. If it is produced more enzymes and they are not going to process food, then begin to eat away at the tissue of the patient's body. To reduce the isolation of enzymes and the rapid elimination of inflammation is necessary to abandon the use of the following products:
- Soups. Don't eat soups on meat, fish and mushroom broth, consisting of many ingredients: soup, soup. Dairy soups are also banned, and cold, for example, hash.
- Fresh bread from rye or wheat, fried pies, cakes, muffins.
- Meat. Pork and mutton, goose and duck, that is the types of fat, offal, sausages, smoked, canned food.
- Fish. The types of fatty, fried, smoked, salted and canned.
- Dairy products. You can not eat fatty dairy products: sour cream, cheese, cream.
- Cereals. Prohibited: barley, millet, corn and wheat. They long to digest, causing the secretion of hydrochloric acid.
- Eggs. Boiled hard-boiled and scrambled eggs.
- Vegetables. You can't eat cabbage, radish, turnips, eggplant, sweet and hot peppers, spinach, garlic, radish.
- Jam, chocolate, raw and not wiped fruits and berries (grapes, figs, bananas), ice cream.
- Spices. Spicy seasoning: pepper, horseradish, vinegar and the like.
- Coffee, strong tea, sweet drinks, cocoa, grape juice.
When cooking is prohibited to use solid fats: beef, lamb, pig fat, bear and the like. It's difficult to alter a patient gastrointestinal tract.
Diet in acute pancreatitis
Acute pathology of the cancer in the first two days requires a complete abstinence from food. The patient needs complete rest – both physical and emotional. You can drink alkaline mineral water, weak unsweetened tea and decoction of rose hips. Additionally, you can put a bottle with ice on his belly. Then a couple days food is introduced in the form of droppers.
At day 4-5 small meals the patient can be given a low-calorie food in the form of liquid porridges, mucous broths. 5-6 days is possible to give an omelette with egg whites, pureed porridge of buckwheat or oatmeal, boiled vegetables and a little bread. Food to take 6 times a day in small volumes. Then you can use puddings, mousses, puddings. After removing the acute phase the patient goes on a diet №5P.
Diet in chronic pancreatitis
If the pancreatitis became chronic, then the person should almost always eat diet food. Experts developed for this special table 5P, the aim of the diet is aimed at maximum facilitation of the work of the pancreas and full of peace. This is achieved by the proper chemical composition of food, amount of servings. The menu is dominated by protein foods, low carbohydrates and fats, there is a complete refusal of coarse fibre and heavy meats. Food to be steamed, boil or stew.
Can't drink alcoholic beverages and to flavor foods hot spices. During remission, you can extend the list of allowed foods, but not to go beyond the list of allowed foods, above.
Diet for pancreatitis the pancreas, with the aggravation, if the disease has taken a chronic form, exactly like in acute pancreatitis. First two days calm and just drink, then the liquid porridge, pureed soups, and after that the diet expands to a reasonable level.
From the list of permitted meals, you can choose a suitable combination, so that the food does not become boring and not enough. What can I eat during the day:
- Salad of boiled beet, juice.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, broth hips.
- Scrambled eggs steamed, tea and biscuits.
- Oatmeal, jelly.
- Buckwheat porridge, tea.
- The carrot salad.
- Baked Apple with dried apricots.
- The beaten egg whites.
- Rice with raisins.
- Mashed carrot and pumpkin.
- Soups and borscht on vegetable broth.
- Chicken cutlet.
- The steamed fish with rice.
- Pasta nautically.
- Vegetables steamed.
- Jelly made from fruit or berries.
- Sandwich with butter and cheese.
- Jelly from the berries.
- Baked potato.
- Mashed beans.
- Vinaigrette cheese and yoghurt.
- Scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Rice pudding and yogurt.
- Cauliflower boiled and sour milk.
- Eggs from the squash and yogurt.
This is a sample menu from which you can take any dish or come up with it independently of those foods that are allowed to eat and cook way, sparing the diseased organ.
Herbs for pancreatitis
To help alleviate the condition, while at home, you can use various herbal concoctions and infusions. The most effective for pancreatitis are: Helichrysum, mugwort, hawthorn, agrimony, mint, St. John's wort, aloe, chamomile and others.
They can be used separately, but they are better in training camp. During the exacerbation of the better herbal doctor a decoction of rose hips.
Many patients are concerned with the question whether the honey with pancreatitis? Yes, honey is digested more easily than sugar, so they can replace the famous and very harmful to the human body sweetener.
Moreover, patients with pancreatitis are forbidden to eat cakes, pastries and other sweets. Med inflammation of the pancreas is of great benefit: reduces inflammation, boosts immunity, helps in healing of wounds.
Diet for pancreatitis of any form is the true path to recovery. If this be neglected, it can cause severe complications and to get out of this situation will be difficult.