In the pursuit of a slender toned and harmonious figure people begin to exercise and follow a healthy diet. The first problem that will have to face diet. Few people know that the problem lies in the excessive consumption of simple carbohydrates. And as soon as you study the information in popular sources, not read to the end, completely eliminate from the diet of carbohydrates. And here begins disorders, health problems, lack of energy and so on. Where is the balance and truth? Very close! Let's deal.
Over the last few years saw a dramatic change in ideas about why people are gaining weight. The masses realized that carbohydrates, not dietary fat turning into body fat, and become one of the main causes of obesity.
Long diet low in fat was the basis of methods of weight loss, but the real furore was caused by a low carbohydrate diet, which has shown excellent results in weight loss. Studies have shown that simple and complex carbohydrates have different effects on the body. Excessive consumption of foods high in carbohydrates leads to excess weight.
In this article you will learn:
- what is the low carbohydrate diet and weight loss;
- the advantages and disadvantages of the method;
- what products are present in diet of a diet low in carbohydrates;
- interesting recipes of low carbohydrate food for drawing up a full menu.
What is the method of weight loss
Carbohydrates give the body the required amount of energy that is spent during the day on vital processes and during physical activity. A complete rejection of macro-element will lead to failures of functional systems, and the surplus of energy will lead to an increase in fat reserves. In the diet a low-carb diet includes a slow (complex) carbs that do not cause a strong jump in blood sugar and longer converted into energy.
The essence of the method lies in the fact that from the first day of the diet for safe and effective weight loss each day the amount of carbohydrates consumed is reduced, and the proteins grow. Due to this, the body start the following processes:
- Previously obtained the energy comes in short supply, which makes the search for a new source.
- Glycogen in the first 2-3 days of the diet becomes the primary energy supplier.
- Next, break down fats, synthesizing an additional source of energy – ketones.
The research compared the benefits of low-carbohydrate and low-fat diet for weight loss showed that people who reduce the amount of carbohydrates lost per 6 months more weight than those who followed a low-fat diet. Low-carbohydrate diet subjects after meals have experienced the feeling of satiety because proteins and fats decompose more slowly than carbohydrates. In addition, the increase in blood sugar levels and insulin production occurred gradually. So, they had no sudden bursts of energy followed by fatigue and a heightened sense of hunger.
Conclusion: the principle of the diet is the biochemical processes that contribute to burning fat and losing extra pounds. It is important to remember that during the diet, body fat is reduced uniformly throughout the body, so locally to reduce the amount impossible.
Advantages and disadvantages
Low carb diet menu a positive effect on the condition of the body, normalizes digestion, increasing metabolism and rejuvenating.
- on a diet there is no hunger, the forces remain the same, there is no weakness;
- suitable for diabetics;
- suitable nutrition for men and women to lose weight;
- suitable for low, medium and high activity level;
- does not require significant changes to the calculation of daily calorie needs for weight loss, change parameters of protein and carbohydrate.
The decrease in the number of macro-ingredient helps to lose weight and improve health, it is recommended for:
- intense workouts;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
The method has gained credibility among athletes and bodybuilders exposed is a solid opportunity to find relief by lowering the percentage of body fat and save muscle mass.
However, the diet has disadvantages:
- constipation - decreased amount of fiber, which is associated with reduced consumption of carbohydrates can lead to digestive problems;
- carbohydrate fasting may cause headaches, irritability and nervousness;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- increases the load on the liver;
- potassium and sodium are in short supply;
- deficiency of carbohydrate reduces the concentration, which is critical for people engaged in mental work;
- the increased cholesterol level due to the large number of products of animal origin that provokes the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system;
Low-carb diet is not included in the list of methods that may be followed during several years, because a large list of banned products creates additional stress for the body. So after a few weeks or months of restrictions, the person returns to the usual diet.
A balance of proteins, fats, carbohydrates
The primary source of protein on a low carbohydrate diet - animal products: meat, poultry, offal, cheese, eggs. For vegetarians, the alternative is legumes and nuts.
The ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the diet within:
- Proteins 40-50%;
- Fats 30-35%;
- Carbohydrates 20-25%.
The opinion of doctors, nutritionists
Nutritionists caution talking about the method, because the low-carb diet (for a week or a month) involves the use of 50-70 g of the macro-element per day. Deficiency leads to unwanted violations with a number of side effects, as surplus.
Doctors recommend to give preference to a correct and balanced diet, controlling intake of carbohydrate. Healthy eating habits combined with physical activity will help reduce the amount of body fat – the method can be attributed to rapid weight loss, but without harm for health.
Before you go on a diet" should consult a doctor because of the high content of protein foods is contraindicated for people with metabolic disorders (e.g., kidney stones, gout). The fact that under normal diet, these metabolic disorders may not occur, and therefore, perhaps, you don't even know about the presence of the disease. Modifying the diet to increase your protein intake, you provoke in your body start severe pathological mechanism.
Excessive consumption of fatty foods is contraindicated in diseases of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract (cholecystitis, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, gastric ulcer, gastritis). Fatty foods triggers the intake of large amounts of cholesterol that can cause or accelerate the growth of atherosclerotic plaques.
Weight loss method is also not recommended:
- pregnant or nursing;
- persons who have not attained 18 years of age;
- in cardiovascular diseases;
- at the time of exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Basic rules for low carb diet
The method involves the use of minimal portions of carbohydrates, sufficient to maintain body functions. Women need 2 grams per kilogram of body weight for men – 3 g. If the daily rate of consumption is 120-150 grams, the slimming figure is smoothly and gradually reduced to 50-70 grams per day. Protein foods became Deputy energy sources and supports the tone of the muscle tissue.
The low content of carbohydrates in the diet reduces insulin levels which suppresses appetite. Ketone bodies supplied with animal and vegetable proteins and fats, inhibit the flow of information about the hunger.
To achieve goals will help the observance of certain principles:
- exclude from the diet foods with a high glycemic index;
- additionally take vitamins and minerals;
- best cooking method – stewing, boiling, grilling, steamed. Fry the ingredients without adding oil or with a small amount;
- do not skip meals and reduce calories;
- the intake of complex carbohydrates to take out in the first half and before training, the second protein foods;
- be sure to eat Breakfast;
- to observe the drinking regime: at least 2 liters of clear liquids.
Do not forget that the correct calculation of daily energy needs for weight loss is the first step before beginning any diet.
List of foods to maintain a low-carb diet high that diversifies the menu and will not let you starve. It is important to study information about the component using the table of caloric content of products or on the label.
Table of permitted products
Diet implies certain limitations. Using the table, you can find products suitable for low-carbohydrate food.
|Product group||Permitted foods|
|Meat||Lean pork, veal and beef, poultry, offal|
|Fish and seafood||Saltwater fish: salmon, salmon, cod, mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut Seafood – no restrictions|
|Dairy products||Cheese, cottage cheese, kefir, natural yoghurt without additives – all with a low percentage of fat|
|Eggs||Chicken and quail|
|Vegetables in cheese and canned form||Everything except vegetables with a high starch content: potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, sweet potatoes|
|Mushrooms||Without restrictions in any form|
|Fruits, berries||Citrus, green not sweet apples|
|Cereals||A long cooking oatmeal, brown rice, and buckwheat|
|Nuts and seeds||Without restrictions|
|Sweeteners||Without sorbitol and fructose|
|Drinks||Coffee, tea without sugar, mineral water, vegetable juices|
If your favorite product is not in the allowed list of ingredients, then most likely, he was in the forbidden list:
- bakery and confectionery products;
- processed cereals (white rice, oatmeal quick cooking, semolina), pasta of the highest grade of wheat;
- potatoes, corn;
- semi-finished products, smoked products;
- food ingredients (mayonnaise, ketchup and sauces, except soy);
- sweet fruits (banana, grape);
- sugar and sugar products;
- packaged juices, fruit drinks (due to sugar);
- carbonated water;
- alcoholic beverages.
It is necessary to abandon the above products for the first time, and after 3-4 weeks gradually in small portions to introduce back into the diet.
Sample menu for a week
At first glance it seems that a low carbohydrate diet is no different variety, however making a menu for the week, you can ensure that the diet is saturated. The alternative menu for the week can be taken from the following video.
Table: sample menu low carb diets for 7 days
In the table included possible combinations of breakfasts, Lunches and dinners which can be taken as a basis and replace favorite meals. Don't forget that it is important to calculate calorie ready meals to comply with the daily requirement of energy consumed. Possible alternation and repetition products.
|Day||Breakfast||2nd Breakfast||Lunch||Afternoon tea||Dinner|
|1 day||Cheesecake without sugar + tomato/cucumber||Grapefruit||Porridge of brown rice with vegetables||1% yogurt||The steamed fish + coleslaw + bread|
|Day 2||Scrambled eggs or omelette of two eggs + chicken||Low-fat cottage cheese||The mushroom soup with the addition of low fat sour cream + bread||1% yogurt with chopped cucumber and herbs||Boiled beef + salad of cucumbers and tomatoes|
|Day 3||Steamed vegetables with grated cheese||Apple||Vegetable soup in chicken broth||Milk 1,5%||Boiled chicken breast + steamed cabbage|
|Day 4||Oatmeal with grated Apple||Grapefruit||Buckwheat + beet salad||Low-fat cottage cheese||Stew of veal or chicken with vegetables|
|Day 5||Cheese + boiled eggs||Apple||Boiled brown rice + seafood||1% yogurt||Vegetable salad + lean beef steak|
|Day 6||Cheese + boiled egg + bread||Natural yogurt without sugar 1,5%||Baked meat + vegetable salad||Kiwi||Steamed vegetables + boiled fish|
|Day 7||Dairy buckwheat||Low-fat cottage cheese||Fish baked with vegetables||1% yogurt||Breast roasted + fresh vegetables and herbs|
Long low-carb diet (30 days) should include a Cheat meal or reefed, to avoid slowing down metabolism.
Out of the diet
A diet low in carbohydrates is efficient and accessible, but after 2 months it is necessary to return to the usual diet. Exit is gradual, to minimize stress to the body and not to return previously dropped pounds.
To the routine come back for 3-4 weeks:
- in the first and second week increases the amount of fruits and vegetables (excluding starch);
- third week – the reduction of the protein by the addition of cereals;
- the number of calories is also growing every day.
What you can do during weight loss delicious recipes
Hypo-carbohydrate diet - not a reason to focus exclusively on chicken. The list of approved products is large, so you can prepare time-tested dishes or fantasy, based on the available components.
Chicken in a slow cooker
Method of preparation:
- Rinse chicken, remove excess fat. Cut into random chunks, sprinkle with salt and spices and place on the bottom of the bowl multivarki.
- Cover with water, add Bay leaf.
- Cook for 1.5 hours in the mode "Stewing".
Together carbs: 0 g
Ingredients: - chicken fillet — 250 g; - water — 150 g; - salt, pepper — to taste - Bay leaf — 1 PC.
Veal with cheese in the oven
Method of preparation:
- In cold water wash out the meat, slice lengthwise, to beat.
- Protiven grease with oil, put the veal, filled with milk.
- Send in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 40 minutes.
- Immediately after this, the meat to salt, add salt and spices to taste.
- Cheese cut into thin slices, spread evenly over the meat, return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
Together carbohydrates: 7,7 g.
Ingredients: veal shoulder blade — 400 grams; - cheese — 100 g; - milk, 1.5% — 100 ml; vegetable oil — 20 ml; salt, pepper, spices — to taste.