Keto diets are becoming increasingly popular in the circles of people who are watching the health and well-being. The term "keto Genesis" describes the creation of a body of specialized organic substances — ketones, which act as a source of energy (except fatty acids), when the carbohydrate intake is reduced.
Thus, the ketogenic diet initially include high intake of proteins and fats and very low carbs. As a result, the body must use fat and ketone bodies for energy rather than glucose from carbohydrates.
The keto diet is becoming a major destination for enthusiasts of health and fitness, with many clinical studies confirming its therapeutic properties. Under these benefits usually means improved mental function, more stable energy levels, more rapid weight loss and increased stress.
Although you already know that the keto diet is a meal plan low in carbohydrates, but have lots of things to learn how to follow this system of power and without disruption to achieve results. In this guide we will discuss the physiology and benefits of this diet, the different types / options of meal plans, and how to create your own menu (next to the sample schedule of meals).
What is keto diet plan?
Keto diet regime with low carbohydrate meal that includes a moderate intake of protein and abundance of healthy fats. Reducing the consumption of carbohydrates helps your body to move to a state that promotes the breakdown of fat (both from your food and with your body) for the production of ketone bodies and entering the state known as "nutritional ketosis."
But what is ketosis? Ketosis is a natural metabolic process when your body uses fats for biological functions in energy production during a shortage of nutrients (mostly carbohydrates).
In compliance with keto diet your brain, like other organs, depends on ketones as a source of energy. Ketones start to be produced in the body, once you have reached a state of dietary ketosis.
What is my plan keto diet?
The typical plan of the diet looks like this (no matter how long it lasts): 10% of the total number of daily calories come from healthy carbohydrates, such as leafy greens, vegetables without starch or a small amount of legumes and vegetables with high fiber content; from 20% to 30% of the calories coming from protein, such as meat and some plants; and from 60% to 70% of calories coming from healthy fats such as Flaxseed oil, fish oil, avocado, nuts/seeds.
This is the approximate ratio of proteins,fats and carbohydrates is a General guideline for the whole supply for the day. The perfect balance of micronutrients for you may need to be slightly modified depending on your physical activity and personal goals.
To calculate your energy needs in chum salmon diet, use a basic calculator calorie needs per day, and then to apportion your calories using the ratio of macronutrients. Remember that proteins and carbohydrates contain four calories per gram; fats contain nine calories per gram.
The basics and rules of the ketogenic diet
Keto diet is more like a replacement of some source of calories other that you consume, not to a full review of power. The biggest difference is the rejection of processed foods, carbohydrates and foods with a high sugar content, which is much easier than it seems when you learn how to replace foods that are high in sugar content foods high in protein and fat.
The transition to such a diet means that you will eat a lot of meat, dairy products and vegetables. You will consume very little fruits, if you eat them, and no grains.
The role of protein in the diet keto
People who go on keto diet, support the idea of eating protein and satiating food. Along with a large percentage of fat, you will need to control the intake of protein. It is very important to understand how protein works in the keto diet and how to get optimal results.
As you virtually remove carbohydrates from your diet, some people think that they need to increase protein intake. It is not, and is actually very much protein can knock you out of ketosis. A common mistake is that people consider keto diet as a diet with a high content of protein and fat. This is wrong, as is a diet high in fat, moderate in protein and limited carbohydrates.
Products that cannot have on a diet
To increase the probability of success in weight loss, you need to remove from the diet as much as possible junk food. This is important in order to prevent a temporary weakness.
The list of prohibited products:
Grains and foods with starch
- Flour, pizza, pasta, bread, cookies, cereals, crackers, corn, oats, potatoes, rice and pastries.
Anything with sugar
- Any refined sugar, sweets, desserts, fruit juices, chocolate milk, pastries, soda, etc.
Reduce the amount of omega-6 fatty acids
- A typical diet has a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 20: 1. In this diet it should be no more than 4: 1.
- Stay away from factory fish and pork because of their high content of omega-6.
- Avoid oils such as soybean, canola, peanut, sesame, sunflower, corn and grape.
- It is recommended to avoid most fruit, but if you decide to treat yourself with fruits, you can eat berries in small amounts.
- Stay away from dried fruit
- Do not eat any beans, peas or lentils because of the high carbohydrate content in them.
- Avoid packaged foods containing TRANS-fats, preservatives, added sugar and any other stuff that you can't even pronounce.
- Avoid beer, sweet alcoholic beverages and wine.
- Sweeteners that contain aspartame, can cause excessive food cravings or other problems.
Foods low in fat and low in carbohydrates
- Most of these products, or contain carbohydrates that contain plenty of artificial ingredients.
Things that you need to pay attention before starting a diet
As with any lifestyle change, you need to login" in the right mindset and plan your" journey". If you do not plan your goals when losing weight, the chances of success will plummet. You don't want to be an ordinary man who "says" that he'll change, you want to be the person who actually does it.
Here are 6 tips that you need to perform before you go into the keto diet:
- In your best interests to visit a professional (doctor and/or nutritionist) before starting this diet to a) test blood to make sure that you do not have any serious diseases, and b) make sure that you have enough knowledge in order to enable you to begin to eat properly and not just throw products that are considered harmful, and there is very little.
- Get rid of all products that are not included in the keto diet. Explore your fridge, pantry, cupboards, or distribute or throw away any foods that are not keto-friendly.
- Learn how to read food labels. Find out "who are" macronutrients and how to count them. You must learn the basics before starting a keto diet.
- Gradually reduce the consumption of sugar and carbohydrates. Your transition to ketosis would be much nicer if you gradually reduce the intake of carbs, not jump off the bat. The probability to deal with the "keto-flu" will decrease and you will become more comfortable in the initial stages of your transition to full keto mode.
- Drink plenty so your body gradually used to it.
- Learn how to measure the levels of ketones. It would be in your best interest to learn the level of ketosis in the diet, so you know how to fix any future problems.
Low-calorie ketogenic diet stimulates your body to use fat for fuel, and clinical data support effectiveness in weight loss. In addition, the ketogenic diet can help suppress appetite and reduce food cravings because ketones increase signals of satiety to your brain.
When keto diet your body uses fats and ketones as fuel instead of glucose, providing the body and brain a constant energy needed to sustain physical characteristics.
Plan options keto diet
It is generally recommended to use the standard keto diet during the initial transition to the low-carb lifestyle and a state of ketosis. Once your body has become "adapted to fats as an energy supplier", you can experiment a bit and choose what kind of keto diet to stick to in the long term.
Standard plan keto diet is best suited for people who are just starting low-carb mode and want to quickly adapt to ketosis. This plan is also suitable for those who want to improve their health and physical endurance.
If you notice that strict compliance with the standard keto diet makes you sluggish and unable to train fully during the week, then this is the perfect way to integrate a periodic carbohydrate loading using targeted keto diet. To do this, consume around 30-50 grams of carbohydrates with moderate protein and fat as pre-workout (up to five times a week).
Cyclic meal plan of the ketogenic diet is a progressive type of the ketogenic diet, which entails the intermittent "re" carbohydrate loading on certain days of the week. For example, you can refill 300 grams of carbohydrates, which are integrated in your diet (these days you should reduce the intake of fats). It allows your body to replenish muscle glycogen may be the best option for very active people and those who train very much.
The best selection of foods for keto diet
Below is a complete list of allowed foods for the best choice for ketogenic meal plans:
Sources of protein
- Ground beef
- Buffalo meat
- Protein powder (whey, casein, and the like)
- The bean sprouts
- Brussels sprouts
- Cabbage (Bok Choy, green, red)
- Green or string beans
- Leafy greens (arugula, dandelion, spinach, Swiss chard, radicchio, watercress)
- Onions (green, brown, red, shallots)
- Peppers (jalapeno, sweet, chili)
- Sugar peas, snow peas
- Water chestnuts
Oils and fats
- Sunflower oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- The oil from grape seed
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Raw nuts/seeds
- Peanut butter
- Coconut milk
- Unsweetened tea, decaffeinated coffee (green, mint, chamomile, hibiscus, etc.)
- Mineral water (distilled or sparkling)
Spices, herbs and seasonings
- Cocoa (powder)
- Bone broth
- Flavored extracts (almond, vanilla, etc.)
- Herbs fresh or dried (dill, Basil, onion, cilantro, mint, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, etc.)
- Salsa (sweet)
- Soy sauce
- Spices fresh or dried (chili powder, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, curry, garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, turmeric, etc.)
A sample meal plan for a ketogenic diet
In order to achieve success on a keto diet, you need to remember that the meals which you prepare, must be low carb with high fat content. Need ideas? Read on!
Next will be presented a sample meal plan for keto diet, examining that, you will understand that it is possible to eat tasty and correctly.
- Omelette of 2 eggs with cheese, onions and peppers
- Cream cheese pancakes (without flour!)
- Smoked salmon, egg, avocado (half)
- Caesar salad keto
- Chicken salad
- Baked in butter mushrooms
- Green beans with bacon
- BBQ pork with mozzarella
Ideas for snacks:
- Fried eggs
- Celery with almond butter
- Black olives cheddar
- Tomato slices, covered with cheese and Basil