A serious illness in the form of pancreatitis requires a careful approach to treatment. In addition to the use of medications, it is also important to follow a diet.
The diet for pancreatitis is a strict combination of healthy foods that should contribute to the rapid recovery of the pancreas.
Each load on a weak organ leads to a new deterioration.
What are the criteria for determining
It is very important to detect the disease in time to avoid the chronic form. The acute form develops rapidly, with rather vivid symptoms.
The patient's condition deteriorates sharply and there are signs such as:
- Discharge of bile. At the same time, the patient does not feel relief.
- Constant nausea.
- Dry mouth.
- Bitter burp.
- Severe and acute pain in the right hypochondrium. The localization site can sometimes be shifted. It will all depend on the area of the lesion. If the entire pancreas is affected, the pain may be herpes zoster.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- White, indelible plaque on the surface of the tongue.
- A rise in temperature is possible.
- Excessive sweating.
- Pale skin.
- Shock condition.
- Blood pressure rises.
- Heart palpitations.
When a person notices such symptoms in themselves, you should immediately seek professional help. In a serious condition, they call an ambulance at home.
The essence of the diet
As such, the diet starts at 3 days. This is enough to mitigate the peak of deterioration. In the early days there should be a therapeutic fast. Only rosehip soup is allowed.
In this type of disease, diet no. It has long been developed by experienced professionals, especially for these patients.
Its main condition is more protein, less carbohydrates and fats. Food should be taken in frequent but small meals.
A person must give up foods that can increase acidity and activate the functioning of enzymes.
Diet no. 5 should last about a year after a person has pancreatitis. In the case of the chronic form, there should be a special diet during the next life.
Without such adherence to the diet, recovery is impossible. This is especially true in periods of deterioration.
In such moments a person is haunted by severe excruciating pain. In order to reduce their manifestation, only a strict diet is needed.
How to eat with pancreatitis? Basic rules to follow:
- You must eat at least 6 times. In this case, the parts should be small.
- At the time of exacerbation, food should be eaten only in pureed form. It should be well cooked or steamed. This preparation works gently.
- Steamed food retains more nutrients. In this form it cannot harm the body.
- Food temperature must be strictly adhered to. Any changes can adversely affect the health of the pancreas. Food should only be warm.
- Only small portions should be consumed. Every overeating is a stress, both for the organ itself and for the entire digestive tract.
- The daily intake of carbohydrates is 350 grams, fat 80 grams.
- Intervals between meals are 3 hours.
- Remove all fried, spicy and smoked foods.
- Do not drink liquids during meals.
- Every bite of food must be thoroughly chewed.
What to eat
It is good if the patient learns to cook cooked dishes on steam and get the most out of it. It is better to exclude fried and stewed food.
The diet for pancreatitis includes:
- Steamed vegetables.
- Eggs in the shape of a steamed omelet. Better to cook with protein.
- Lean meat and fish.
- It is not necessary to eat fresh berries and fruits, it will be more useful to include them during cooking or baking. The most suitable fruits are sweet apples, bananas, pears. It is better to use strawberries than berries.
- Many types of cereals are also allowed. In particular, the diet should be rice and buckwheat.
- Vegetable-based soups or meat soups. However, they should not be very greasy. After boiling vegetables or meat, they can be diluted with water.
- Kissel. It is good if the patient is better acquainted with this category of food. They are very useful if you know what and how to cook them.
Only after the patient's condition has stabilized can the doctor be expected to allow some more products to be added to the menu.
In any case, the body must receive everything it needs. These are vitamins and trace elements.
As for dairy products, it is allowed to consume them even with the acute form. At the same time, important conditions must be respected - fat content and freshness. When you shop at a store, the label contains the percentage of fat content of a particular product. It should not exceed 2, 5%. It is better if there is an opportunity to buy homemade kefir somewhere.
The chronic form of the disease implies a very diverse list of dishes and products.
During the chronic form, experts recommend following a protein diet.
Protein foods will allow the body to recover faster, and pancreatic tissue cells will begin serious regeneration.
Protein is the basis, and the rest is evenly distributed between fats and carbohydrates. The energy value of food per day is 3000 kcal.
In that case, ingest at least 150 grams of protein. Proteins may also include animal origin. The more food is enriched, the better.
Allowed food (dishes) for chronic inflammation:
- Vegetables and fruits - apples, corn, carrots, persimmons, carrots, strawberries, pears, cabbage. Use raw, fresh, cooked or steamed.
- Chicken meat.
- Low fat dairy products.
- River fish.
- Steamed chops.
- Cereals - millet, semolina, rice, millet, buckwheat.
- Wheat bread. It is desirable that it was yesterday.
- Lean beef.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Soups with a little soup.
- Pumpkin porridge.
- Natural juices. To reduce their concentration, dilute with warm clean water.
- Mineral water.
- Fresh juices. In case of pancreatic problems, potatoes, carrots and beets are considered to be the most promising and healing.
- Weak tea.
- Lovers of sweet teeth are allowed to eat honey. However, there is still a limit. You need to eat in small, rare doses, preferably after all the unpleasant symptoms have disappeared.
What you need to limit
If pancreatitis is diagnosed, then you need to get used to the fact that some known, favorite, but often harmful ingredients will have to be excluded. These are:
- Rye bread.
- Fatty meat and fish.
- Sour berries and fruits - tangerines, lemons, grapes, oranges.
- Chocolate and other sweets.
- Sea food.
- Canned food.
- Smoked products.
- Fresh white bread and sweet pastries.
- Coffee. You can replace it with chicory. It also has an invigorating effect, but has no negative effects on the pancreas. In contrast, chicory root is very healing for this disease, if you know how to use it.
- Carbonated drinks.
All permitted drinks must be drunk before or after a meal. In pancreatitis, it is not recommended to drink food.
Diet therapy course
Many patients worry about the question: how long will the diet last? No one can give a final answer, because everything will depend on the individual characteristics of the organism and the course of the disease.
In the acute form, the patient is immediately admitted to the hospital. There he will be prescribed medications that will normalize the patient's condition.
With severe pain in the first days of hospitalization, physicians unequivocally define therapeutic fasting.
The chronic form is characterized by a lifelong presence in the pancreas.
In order to protect themselves as much as possible from the outbreak of exacerbations, patients are periodically prescribed drug therapy.
It is very important to adhere to dietary rules. Only in this case you can count on a successful course of the disease and maximum comfort.
Chronic pancreatitis is usually treated even at the time of worsening at home. Only in some difficult situations are they diagnosed in the hospital.
At least 14 days are set for acute therapy. This does not mean at all that, by going home, a person can return to the previous usual diet.
The diet must be followed for at least another 6-8 months.
Although doctors recommend that you take a closer look at such a diet for the rest of your life. The person will at least protect themselves from new outbreaks. For many, it will be a pleasant bonus - losing weight.
What can you eat with pancreatitis? The attending physician should compile the correct menu and determine certain products, focusing on the different characteristics of the patient's condition. The options can be very diverse.
The person is usually prescribed diet number 5. It is most suitable for patients with pancreatitis.
If such food is prescribed, then they try to diversify the menu as much as possible. For breakfast you can cook:
- Pumpkin porridge and compote.
- Infusion of low-fat cottage cheese and pomegranate.
- Cheese with biscuits and infusion of pomegranate.
- Beetroot salad and compote.
- Oatmeal with jelly.
- Steam scrambled eggs and weak tea with crackers.
- Buckwheat porridge and weak tea.
- Baked apples with dried apricots.
- Cooked beets.
- Rice with raisins.
- Pumpkin and carrot puree.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Carrot salad.
For lunch you can cook:
- Fresh cheese casserole.
- Soups with weak soup or borscht.
- Chicken chop.
- Fish with rice.
- Boiled beef.
- Marine macaroni.
- Vegetable roll.
- Cheese and butter sandwiches.
- Fruit jellies.
- Baked potatoes.
- Sour from non-acidic berries.
- Fruit pudding.
- Bean puree.
The last meeting in the evening may include:
- Vinaigrette and yogurt.
- Apple puree and low-fat yogurt without taste.
- Rice pudding and yogurt.
- Rice with raisins and varenets.
- Cooked cauliflower and yogurt. It is good if it is a homemade fermented dairy product.
- Steamed protein omelette and fermented baked milk.
- Zucchini caviar and kefir 1%.
Diet for the acute form of the disease
At the peak of the deterioration, the patient will have to completely abandon the use of any food. At this time, only drinking water is allowed. It is recommended to prepare a decoction of the rod.
Drink 5 glasses a day. Mineral alkaline water is also suitable. Reception is done during the day for 1 cup 4-5 times.
In severe cases, the diet is done by dripping through the veins. It lasts 2 days.
After removing the aggravation, the patient is referred for further nutrition. The menu should contain only low-calorie foods.
They start eating food in very small doses and carefully monitor their health. Pancreatic loading should not be allowed.
From the second week they begin to dilute the diet. You can enter:
- Vegetables and fruits are rich in antioxidants.
- Freshly squeezed and diluted juices.
- Green tea.
- Liquid porridge.
- White chicken.
- Various foods rich in protein.
If you adhere to a proper diet, the patient will soon notice a positive development of treatment.